Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 2 Check Up

Took Melia to her 2 week check up this morning. She is 5lb 2oz now! Of course, the preemie clothes (up to 5lbs) are still huge on her! The doctor said she looks great. He got the report about her echo and said we will just keep an eye on things. She is eating well, but still struggling with nursing. On our way now to the lactation consultant. I was hoping with the weight gain we could get away from the every 2 hour feedings. Ped says to keep with that schedule at least until she is a month old. It is exhausting.

I can't believe how fast time is going by. Chris thinks I am going to spoil her, but I can't not hold her. She sleeps so calm when I am holding her, plus she smells so good! I don't know how I am ever going to adjust back at work. Thankfully, I have had some help with people coming over to do housework. It lets me relax and spend time cuddling with Melia.