Friday, January 29, 2010

Packing up the Pump

A friend of mine told me months ago that putting her pump in storage was really hard for her. At the time, I thought she was crazy. I have been glued to that pump multiple times a day , every day, for a year. After going through the first month of nursing and pumping every 2 hours, 24 hours a day, I was done!

But now the time has come to pack up the pump and I have to admit I am a little sad. Don't get me wrong, I am not going to miss being tied to the clock and the machine at work. Or lugging it on planes, in cars, to the movies, etc... But it means we have reached another milestone in Melia's life.

We have weaned our daytime nursings, and the pumping at work that went along with them. So I have cleaned all the parts and packed them away to store for the next baby. Bye bye pump, for now.