Wednesday, July 14, 2010

One Hour Glucose Test

This morning was my one hour glucose test for Gestational Diabetes.  A standard test performed around 28 weeks whether you have a personal/family history or not.  It's a simple test.  Drink a container of sugary orange drink, wait an hour, get your blood drawn. 

During my pregnancy with Melia they told me I didn't have to fast, just don't eat a sugary breakfast.  I had a bagel with peanut butter the morning of the test.  It was enough to put me a few points above the goal number so I had to have the 3 hour fasting glucose test.  It was not fun. 

So this time, I fasted and am hoping for a good number when the results come in.  I have an OB appointment next week and should get the results then.  I just hope the yummy (and HUGE!) brownie I had for dessert last night doesn't throw off the results! Wish me luck! :)