Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hello Terrific Twos!

Our baby girl turned 2 today.  Well, techinically tonight.  I can't believe how much she has changed our lives over the past two years.  I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

24 month pediatrician appointment is tomorrow, so I will update on height, weight, etc... then.  Her hair is starting to get long.  To the point that if I don't pull it up it hangs in her eyes.  A big change from still being practically bald a year ago!  She is a very active and energetic little girl.  Melia speaks really well for her age and is learning new words and phrases daily.  She loves to dance and sing.

We are having dinner and cake tonight at Grammy's house to celebrate.  Her birthday party is on Sunday with family and friends.  I sent muffins to daycare this morning so the class could celebrate with her.  I just couldn't send cupcakes.  I am going to let her have cake tonight and on Sunday, but I really try to not shove sugar and junk food down her throat.

Grammy has been teaching her to hold up her fingers and let everyone know that she is "2".  We have been working on "Happy Birthday".  It currently sounds like "Happy Birdie", which is pretty darn cute!