I have been wanting to write here for ever. I have had so many blog posts in my head. Funny how time slips away from you with two preschoolers in the house! It has been almost a YEAR since my last post, so I am going to very quickly sum up the past year in one post. Ok, here goes....
Melia and Makena started at Liberty Christian School when Makena turned 2. Literally on the day of her 2nd birthday. The girls love the school and we have been very happy there. The school goes through 5th grade, so we plan to keep them there through elementary.
Liberty Christian offers an in-school soccer program. They incorporate the soccer lessons into their day, so we aren't shuffling them somewhere after school. The program is called Story Time Soccer. The coach is great and he uses preschool age stories to teach the kids soccer skills. The girls love it!
The girls start our annual summer swim lessons today. They really have become good swimmers and very comfortable in the water with all the time we have been spending at Coral Shores. Melia prefers the pool and Makena prefers the sand. Mommy prefers the shaded patio loungers!
We bought annual passes to Disney for Christmas. And boy have we been using them! It has been so much fun for the girls (as well as Chris and I). We can take our time and enjoy the parks when we are there. We have been able to go and appreciate the special events Disney has throughout the year. And the girls are loving the interactions with the Princesses and all their favorite characters.
As far as Mommy and Daddy go, here is our update. Chris took an early retirement from the Sheriffs Office and started a new career with the United States Postal Service. Before starting at the USPS, Chris managed the build out of our 2nd location for Practically Pikasso! It has been a scary, but exciting undertaking. I am still working at the American Cancer Society, and now juggling two studios.
So here we are. Melia is 4 1/2 and starting VPK in a few weeks. Makena is 2 3/4 and has been planning her 3rd birthday party for 6 months. She can't wait to turn 3! While I probably won't be making daily posts like I used too, I will try to post once a week with exciting news in the life of the Baby Webb's!
(the photo below was taken in Feb 2013 at Magic Kingdom. Mommy and Aunt Lisa ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon that morning!)





