Friday, December 19, 2008

Can't Sleep

I can not sleep. So what am I doing? Looking things up on the internet. Bad idea! You always find the worst case scenerio online.

I am just very frustrated. Prior to getting pregnant, I lost weight and was eating healthy. I started taking pre-natal vitamins before we started trying to get pregnant. I have taken my vitamins, including a DHA supplement, every day. I have been watching what I eat, keeping my weight in check, exercising (but not too much) and going to the doctor. So why am I having these problems???

Some of the main reasons for IUGR and calcification in the placenta are: smoker (never have been), drug use (again, not me), diabetes (nope), hypertension (my blood pressure has been great my entire pregnancy) or lupus (not me either). So what gives????

Everything I read and hear is contradicting. Keep the baby in as long as possible vs the baby has a better chance of surviving if it is delivered early. I know that the longer the baby stays in utero, the bigger it can grow. But I also keep reading awful article about stillbirth up til the due date because they didn't induce people early enough!

Ok, I feel better venting. But still can't sleep.....