Friday, December 12, 2008

Week 32 Update

We had our 32 week check up on Monday 12/8. At my request, they did a growth ultrasound (because of earlier measurements). Unfortunately, the ultrasound showed that the baby is growth restricted (IUGR) and my placenta is grade 3. What this means is the baby is less than the 10th percentile for its gestational age. The placenta grade means the placenta is starting to calcify and shut down.

The did a nonstress test on the baby and have now scheduled me for weekly appointments, sonograms with heart ratios and nonstress tests. The doctor said they will consider bed rest based on blood work I got done on Thursday 12/11.

Right now the baby is 2 lbs 12 oz. My stress test was good and the baby is moving alot, which is a good sign. For now I am taking it easy and working from home as much as possible. The doctor said while she would like to get me full term, she will be happy to get me to 36 weeks. They will monitor me weekly for now and determine if they need to induce labor because of decline in the placenta.

She told me not to go on the internet, which of course I did. DO NOT GO ON THE INTERNET. It is just going to freak you out more. Of course, I am a wreck but am just taking things day by day. I am a little emotional with all these hormones! Please pray for the baby. We want nothing more than for our baby to be born healthy.