Sunday, April 19, 2009

I Hate Huggies

I hate Huggies and just need to vent about it. 
 
I first realized that Huggies were awful when Melia was first born.  She leaked (#1 and #2) out of all her Huggies Preemie diapers.  I called Huggies to complain and they said that their preemie size diapers were made "different" from regular Huggies.  They are not as absorbant and don't have the extra elastic at the legs.  WHAT?!?!  Do they think preemie babies don't pee and poop!
 
Since we didn't know what we were having, a lot of people bought us gender neutral things like diapers.  So I had Newborn size Huggies and gave them another shot.  Big mistake!  Still had tons of leaks. 
 
I got a huge box of Size 1 Huggies as a gift.  Since I love to make things difficult for myself, I decided I would give Huggies yet another shot.  Of course, still having lots of leaks, poop up the back, all kinds of issues.  And to make matters worse, Melia has her first diaper rash!  I am OCD about changing her diaper, but since Huggies doesn't pull any wetness away from her bottom, she got a rash.  I am so annoyed right now!
 
Prior to having a baby, I always said I wasn't going to be one of those picky moms that had to use the "expensive" diapers.  But I have to say, Pampers is worth the extra money to me if I don't have to deal with poop stained clothes and diaper rash.