Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Blog Worthy

I was chatting with a friend this weekend, who is an avid blogger, and made a comment that having a new baby is taking time away from his blog. He tried to say that he didn't really have anything "blog worthy" to post. I explained to him that when you have kids, everything is blog worthy. Blogging about my daughter keeps me sane (most of the time). Plus it is a great way to share her daily life with family and friends that are far away. Of course, Chris thinks sometimes I share too much info on the blog. My thought is, you read what you want.

So here is my "blog worthy" moment of the day:

I buy Melia dried fruit for snacks. She loves them and they are good for her. Today, however, she decided to stick a dried piece of strawberry up her nose. Once she stuck it in there, she continued to rub her nose (I assume it was uncomfortable) and jam it even farther up her nostril. It was WAY out of reach.

I tried not to panic. I knew that the dried fruit pieces dissolved really easily when they got wet, so maybe the moisture in her nasal passage would help it dissolve? I tried to rub my finger downward along the outside of her nose, but nothing moved. I thought for a second about tweezers, but remember reading somewhere why that was a bad idea. She was starting to fuss so I am sure at this point it was painful. We threw her in the tub to start steaming up her nose. I dumped some warm water on her head and continued to massage downward on the outside of her nose. At this point, I was becoming a little worried and sent Chris to call the Pediatrician. Of course, as soon as he got the number and the phone, the strawberry piece had loosened up enough and fell out into the tub. Crisis averted!

I posted a note to my parent friends on Facebook that dried strawberries don't belong in toddler noses. Within a half hour I got responses from friends about Play-Doh, Cheerios, Crayons, etc... I feel much better about my parenting skills now!

So, was that blog worthy?