Thursday, April 29, 2010

16 and a half weeks!

Yes the half counts! I don't know why, but this pregnancy seems to be taking FOREVER! And we are not even at the half way point!!!

Yesterday we had an OB appointment. Baby's heartbeat was in the 140's. I am feeling great and starting to get past the complete exhaustion stage now that the first trimester is behind us.

We did our Alpha Fetal Protein test. This test measures for neurological tube defects. It also measures placental markers which could indicate placenta problems. We are not anticipating placenta problems, but since that was one of the issues with Melia's growth restriction they are keeping an eye on it this time. Should get the results next week.

Next appointment is in 4 weeks. We should get another ultrasound then, since technically we will be at the point where they can see the gender. Again, we are not going to find out what we are having. We are happy with a healthy baby girl or boy. Despite my lack of patience, I can wait til Baby Webb #2 arrives to find out if it is a he or a she.