Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's A Girl!!!

Big sister Melia is pleased to announce the arrival of her little sister, Makena Kaysi!    

Makena was born after a successful C-Section at 9:23AM on Friday, October 1st, 2010.  She weighed 6lb 1oz and is 19 1/2 inches long.  Pictures will be uploaded to Webbsyght this weekend.

We arrived at the hospital at 7AM to prep for delivery.  Lisa's friend Bonnie works the reception area at the hospital so she got us checked in to the same room we were in when Melia was born.  A high school friend is a labor and delivery nurse at the hospital.  She wasn't on duty, but left notes for my nurse to take good care of me.  It was very sweet.  (and I did get great treatment!)

I didn't get nervous about the delivery until just a few minutes before the actual surgery.  I had a great medical team at Morton Plant Hospital.  The spinal went in very quickly, but caused my blood pressure to drop very rapidly. I felt very nauseous and apparently lost a lot of color.  They gave me some medication and it only took a few minutes for me to start feeling better.

The delivery went quickly.  I was wheeled into O.R. at 8:55AM and Makena arrived a half hour later!  I had my tubes tied after the delivery. (Yes, we are done) I think that process took longer than the actual delivery.

Aunt Lisie and Grammy Webb were waiting in recovery for baby and Daddy.  I felt good after the delivery, but did end up getting sick later in the day.  Still on a liquid diet, but I expect to start eating some real food for breakfast Saturday morning.

Pain has been minimal, but I do have some abdominal discomfort.  I didn't have this sensation with Melia, so I think the discomfort is related to the tubal.

We are expected to be discharged on Monday.  We are open to visitors in the hospital and once we get home, so come on over!