Thursday, August 26, 2010

Yes, we are done.

There are typical questions that come along in life.  When you date someone for a long time, everyone asks "when are you getting married?".  Before you leave your wedding reception, someone will ask "when are you going to have kids?".  In our case, that question quickly turned into "are you EVER having kids?".

Of course, we all know the answer to that question turned out to be "yes", it just took us a while to feel ready for kids.  During my pregnancy with Melia, the next typical life question started coming - "when are you going to have another baby?".  We knew we wanted our kids close together so it didn't take that long for an answer.

Now that we are expecting Baby Webb #2 the questions have turned to "are you going to have more?".  The answer is NO.  The other question we hear a lot is "are you sure you are done?"  And that answer is "Yes, I am sure we are done!".   Even my doctor asks at every appointment if I am sure we are done.  She asks because I am having a tubal (easy process since they will already be in there delivering the baby by C-section).

We only wanted two kids - I can't be outnumbered!  I think Chris secretly wanted an only child but there is no way that was going to happen!  We are going to be happy whether we have a boy or another girl.  So the final answer is "YES, WE ARE DONE!"