Friday, March 4, 2011

B-I-N-G-O

Melia has never had a "lovey" or a "woobie" or whatever you want to call a child's security item.  In fact, I have worked hard to make sure she has slept with different blankets, animals, etc... so she didn't get too attached to one thing.  I am not a fan of stuffed animals as it is, so she doesn't really have a lot to choose from.

Over Thanksgiving I took the girls to Michigan to visit family.  We stayed with Nonna and Grandpa while we were there.  Nonna was very generous to share some toys from her doll cabinet with Melia.  Melia took to a little stuffed black dog.  She started carrying it around and calling it BINGO (she loves to sing that song!).  She slept with it every night we were there. 

Nonna was SOOO generous that she let Melia take BINGO home with her.  And now, we have a "lovey".  Bingo never leaves the house, but she sleeps with him every night.  I have tried giving her other animals to sleep with, but she always says "my bingo!".

Hopefully we can stick with just sleeping with Bingo and not  taking him places.  I am going to continue trying to swap other animals out at bedtime. I am pretty sure Nonna doesn't have a replacement if something happens to BINGO and I know I don't want to deal with a cranky 2  year old that kind find her doggy!