On Friday night I noticed a few bumps on Makena's tongue that looked like canker sores. Chris and I both get them, so I assumed that our girls would end up the same way, just not at 5 months old. By Saturday morning there were more bumps on her tongue, lip and in her mouth. She also was developing a rash on her legs, arms and tummy. She also had an elevated temperature and barely slept at all on Friday night. To top things off, the bumps were obviously painful, because Makena refused to nurse. So I placed an early AM call to the pediatrician.
Our pediatrician was great and we were in the office within 30 minutes of calling. He checked her all out and determined that she had a viral infection. He gave me the name but told me numerous times NOT to Google it. (he must know I am crazy!). He also told me not to tell my friends, because they would Google it and freak me out, so I will not be posting it. The doctor did said that it may get worse before it gets better and that it would clear up on its own in 3 to 5 days. I was worried about her not eating, so he told me what to look out for and what to do if I noticed her becoming dehydrated. By Saturday night she was nursing a little, so no worries there.
On a good note, her first tooth finally came in!
I really try to limit Melia's television time. When she does watch, she is limited to Barney and Your Baby Can Read (she loves those dvds!). She recently has discovered Word World and Dora. Both of those are on helicopter mom's approved list, so I let her watch them. I am quickly becoming a HUGE fan of Word World
A few weeks ago, Chris found a playground set on sale and bought it for the girls. Melia LOVES to go to the playground. After it sitting in our garage for what seemed like forever, we were finally able to get it set up this weekend! It was like Christmas morning when Melia came outside and saw it - "YEAH, PLAYGROUND! MELIA'S PLAYGROUND!". It will be so nice to just go outside in the back yard now when she starts begging for the playground. Thank you Daddy!
We also started preparing for Monday. Monday is Chris' first day back to work since his paternity leave and it is Makena's first day at daycare.
Yes, it was a typical busy weekend in the Webb house!




