Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fisher Price Weekend at Lowry Park Zoo

Each fall Fisher Price hosts a special weekend at Lowry Park Zoo.  They set up a huge area in Wallaroo Station filled with the newest Fisher Price toys.  It is pretty much a brillant marketing scheme right before the holiday shopping season.  It works.

The girls got to try out a ton of toys and we really got to see how they work.  They even had a driving track to try out all the power wheel cars.  Melia had fun driving, but she has a lead foot! 

Makena enjoyed the Laugh & Learn Dance & Play Puppy.  She wasn't a fan (and neither was I) of the Laugh & Learn ABC Train.  I really wish they had the Apptivity Case, because I really want one of those!

Both of the girls played with the Little People Animals, but could care less about the other Little People toys.  It's kind of that way at home too.  We have a ton of Little People sets and they never get played with.

Melia was drawn to everything Dora.  I was glad she didn't show a lot of interest in the Dora dolls.  (She has to sleep with every doll and stuffed animal she owns and is running out of room in her bed!)  She loved the Dora Electric Guitar.  Played it like a violin, but still loved it!  I was surprised at how much she loved Rock Star Mickey.  I saw an ad this morning for a Let's Rock Elmo.  I wonder if that would be as exciting for her.

We came home with a goody bag, and a wish list for Christmas.  And of course the Fisher Price Play Book complete with coupon for their online store (enter Zoo2011 at checkout and save $10 off $50 or more!  Well played Fisher Price!