
We took Melia to Portrait Innovations in Clearwater last night. The last photos I had done were in May for her baptism. I haven't found anywhere that I am in love with, so I keep making my rounds to different studios. I heard good things about PI so I thought I would check them out.
They took 107 photos in our session. Some family, some daddy and Melia, some Mommy and Melia, and a whole bunch of Melia. We changed her outfit twice (and one diaper pic in the bathtub!) and got a couple different backgrounds. They had the standard props. The photographer said they get different props at different times of the year.
They don't charge any sitting/session fee. You can have as many people as you want. One of their sample photos is a family with 47 people!
They offer a great package for $9.99 of one pose. More photos than I normally would get of one pose, but I think at Christmas and birthdays this could come in handy.
With the 3-pose collections (about $65) and larger you get a photo cd of all the images of the session. I love this so I can post on here and Facebook. The bad thing is, it is all the images before they are cropped. So even if you post the good images, you are not seeing what I actually purchased as a photo.
Also, with the collections they offer 10x13 "decorator" portraits. Multi-image, Black and White, etc.. I got an adorable black and white head shot of Melia, but again, not on the cd for me to show you!
The collections are the way to go to get the best price per sheet, but you really have to have a need for all those photos.
The photographer was good. Melia has been teething bad, so she wasn't really in a photo mood. Luckily, even when she is cranky she will smile. Of course, I wasn't happy with the way I looked in ANY of the pictures. Melia and I have had photos done together, so this time was really about her and daddy. They got a cute one (once it was cropped!)
I love that they print the pictures at the studio. So you get to take the photos and cd home in about 20 minutes.
Posting to my Facebook and to our Webbsyght soon!




