Friday, October 9, 2009

Test Results

The pediatrician called today with Melia's blood work results. Not the nurse, but the actual doctor. I thought that was nice, but strange.

3 of her 4 tests came back normal. The PTT test came back in the abnormal range according to the lab. The doctor said her reference book said the results are normal for Melia's size and age. I am not really sure what that means. I probably should have asked more questions, but I was caught off guard.

They did the test because she bruises really easily. She seems to clot fine, the few times she has bled, so the doctor is not overly concerned.

Unfortunately, this means she has to have bloodwork done again at 12 months. Earlier if she has any bleeding issues or if the bruises seem larger than normal.

It is probably nothing, but I still worry. I guess that is part of being a mommy. So send prayers our way for good results in a few months!