Friday, October 2, 2009

Swine Flu

We went through a debate about getting regularly scheduled vaccines when Melia was first born. After talking to our pediatrician and doing a lot of research we have kept her pretty close to the AAP recommended vaccine schedule. Knock on wood, she has done well so far.


I always get a flu shot. I also always get sick, so I don't know if it really helps. Chris gets the flu shot at work because of being around children. I am pretty sure I want Melia to get a flu shot because she is in daycare.


The question I have is, do I get her the H1N1 vaccine also? Chris' office is providing them to employees, so he will get one. I just worry since the vaccine seems so rushed coming out. Have they really had time to test it? So give me your thoughts - H1N1 or no? We don't want to see this in her room...