Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stuff my kid says...

So I will admit that besides some power struggles and the occasional tantrum, the two's have not been too terrible.  In fact, it really has been a fun year.  And we have a funny kid.  Every day she says something to make me laugh, usually when I am starting to get frustrated about something. 

Sometimes I have no idea where she comes up with the stuff she says.  And sometimes I catch one of us saying something and I know exactly where she learned it.  Like the time she was about 1 1/2 and dropped something on the floor.  She quickly proclaimed "Oh, s**t"!  I freaked out and wondered who could be blamed for her saying bad words at ONE!  And then I dropped something and said the same thing.  Yep, I get the blame for the first curse word.  We have both been working on that and I think it has left our vocabulary for now.

She loves to say "sure is!".  Like "it sure is going to rain" or "yep, sure is strawberry milk".  It sounds adorable when she says it.  Who did she pick that up from?  Daddy. 

Makena is a little more attached to the pacifier than Melia ever was.  Melia's was gone by 5 months and she never looked back.  Makena has hers A LOT.  So Melia has started calling her "Binky Baby" or some variation.  She has used "Binky Girl", "Binky Boy" (I don't know why she calls Makena a boy) and her favorite "Binky Butt".  Not sure where "Binky Butt" came from, but I think she says it as a term of enderment.

Of course now that I have gotten around to writing this blog, I am facing a writers block when it comes to cute things Melia says.  Look for some more of her clever sayings in future blogs.  I want to document them all for when she grows up.  It is happening WAY to fast!