Thursday, August 4, 2011

Teething x2

So teething isn't really fun for anyone.  Fussy babies, tired helpless parents.  Just not fun.  So when you have 2 kids teething NO ONE is having fun. 

Makena has her 6th tooth coming in.  Teething for Makena has not been nearly as bad as it was with Melia. A little Baby Orajel Naturals and Makena is pretty much back to her normal self. She is a little more needy and fussy, but doesn't seem to be miserable. 

Nothing seemed to console Melia while she was teething.  I fell in love with Humphreys Teething Tablets when Melia was teething, but of course, they have since been recalled.

The dentist warned me that Melia still had one of her molars left to come in.  It is finally coming in, with a vengeance!  Melia spiked a temp over the weekend and has been drooling like a baby.  She won't keep her hand out of her mouth and is super fussy.  Sleep has been next to impossible.  I have been giving her some baby Tylenol to deal with the temperature and relieve some of the pain.  I finally started trying the Baby Orajel Naturals on her too.  Giving her medication is a huge battle.  She is a little more willing to let me rub the gel on her gums than to squirt the medicine in her mouth, but it still isn't easy. 

And to top things off, I am sick.  But everyone knows mommys don't have time to get sick, so I am just sucking it up right now.  All I can hope for is that both girls teeth come in quickly!