Monday, February 2, 2009

Due Date!

Today was Melia's due date. Tomorrow she will be 4 weeks old. It is kind of cool that we got this extra 4 weeks with her.

Today we went to see the lactation consultant at the hospital. Melia has been doing well nursing, but preemies tend to have some issues so we have gone in for some help. They weighed her there and she is up to 6lbs 4oz! I could tell she was growing, but I was still impressed.

She is filling out her preemie clothes and actually starting to move into the newborn size. We got some cute jammies from Nonna (Robin), so she has been trying out the new size. We have moved out of preemie diapers and are now comfortable in the newborn size. She sure goes through a lot of those!

Tomorrow we go to the pediatrician for her one month check up. The lactation consultant said we should be able to come off the mandatory 2 hour feedings with approval of the ped tomorrow. I can't imagine what 3 hours of sleep will feel like! Keep your fingers crossed!