Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One Month Check Up!


Tuesday Melia was 4 weeks old. We saw the pediatrician for her one month check up. Time really does fly!


She was up to 6lb 6oz and 19 inches! Her head has grown a lot. The doctor will keep an eye, but says not to worry because it is in proportion with the rest of her growth spurt.


He also said we could go 3-4 hours at night between feedings! This is amazing news - we are exhausted! So last night we were super excited, because Melia can sleep. Normally we fight to wake her up every 2 hours for her feedings. Except last night! Now that we can sleep, our girl was waking up on her own every hour and half to 2 hours! I guess she didn't get the memo!


She is starting to fit into her newborn outfits. The preemies still fit, but there are a few that are snug. It has been so cold the past 2 weeks, she really hasn't worn much besides her footy pajamas. I guess we will have to wait for springtime to play dress up! I am looking forward to finding some good sales and getting her lots of cute outfits!


So we are now on a regular "baby" schedule with the doctor and don't go back until her 2 month check up. We started talking about development things we would notice this month, but he said to remember her "adjusted" age. Premature babies sometimes develop based on their due date versus their actual birth date, so she may be a month behind with some developmental things. He said almost all preemies are caught up to the peers by age 2. I am really not stressed about it. It is probably a good thing for me. I think had she been born at term I would have been a little anal about making sure she hit the development benchmarks. Now I just enjoy every healthy day!