Monday, March 16, 2009

2 Month Check Up!

Today was Melia's 2 month check up. She weighs 9lbs 10oz!!! Doubled her birth weight! She is 21 1/2 inches long. Not sure where she is getting the height from!

We had her first set of vaccines today. I did all the recommended 2 month vaccines except Rotovirus. Babies with digestive issues have complications with this vaccine, so until we get that straightened out we are going to wait. She is not around other kids, and won't be on a regular basis until Lisa starts watching her at 6 months. So I am not too concerned about her catching it. The ped said she could get it at her next check up.

The GERD seems to be working itself out. We are still on the Zantac and the dairy free diet. The ped wasn't supportive of the diet change, because he thought it was too much work on my part. As a mother, I think she is worth the work. It isn't going to be forever.

I am starting to have my doubts about staying with our pediatrician. He is a great guy, spends a TON of time with us and is very quick to respond to our calls. And he is an MSU graduate! But he is young and doesn't have kids. I didn't think that having kids would be an issue before, but I am starting to see why it matters. Every answer he gives is very textbook and not from experience. He also is just a few years out of residency, so he doesn't have years of working through things with patients. However, I find that he is young reassuring because he will be around as Melia grows and is up to date on the most current treatments/options. He is supportive of breast feeding, but is very pro formula. I am not against formula, but I have chosen to breastfeed as long as possible, even if it isn't always convienent for me. So I go back on forth about looking for another doctor or sticking it out with him for a little while.