Friday, March 27, 2009

Universal Studios


We took Melia to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure this week. I have always thought of Universal as a "big kids" theme park, so I was surprised that there was so much "little kids" stuff at the parks. I had always assumed we would start her at the Disney parks, but we will definately bring her back to Universal and IOA when she gets a little bigger.

We took pictures with Dr Seuss characters, Dora, Spongebob, Curious George, Barney and more. Now, Melia doesnt know or care who these characters are, but Daddy and I enjoyed it. We sang songs at the Barney show and listened to Dr Seuss stories with the Cat and The Hat. It was so much fun.


Since I am still nursing, Chris took diaper duty. It was so cute to see him with his little "manly" diaper bag walking into the restrooms to change Melia. He is starting to complain about businesses that don't have changing tables in the mens room. Men change diapers too! Luckily, Universal agrees!

I can't wait til Grinchmas at Universal. Melia will be almost one in December so hopefully she will get to enjoy the park a little more instead of sleeping through most of it!