Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dairy Free Diet Update


So we have been on the dairy free diet for almost a month. It really hasn't been horrible. The soy milk and yogurt are pretty good. I have yet to find a "cheese" that I like. That has been the hardest thing for me to give up. Ordering at restaurants is interesting. People are morons and really have no idea what they are serving!




Melia has been doing much better since we started dairy free. However, we also started the medicine around the same time, so I am not sure what is making the difference. I decided yesterday to try introducing dairy to see if that was really an issue. I had a slice of cheese and cup of yogurt. A few hours later, the vomitting started again. And it hasn't stopped. Every feeding she throws up. So back to the dairy free diet. Bad thing is it takes 10-14 days to get out of your system, so she will be vomiting for a while. Hopefully, it won't take as long, since we only had a little dairy.


We are almost out of the original Zantac Rx. When that runs out we are going to stop it for a few days and see if we notice a difference. We might not need it at all if we keep up the dairy free. I guess it is just a waiting game at this point.