Yesterday was a baby shower for one of my dear friends. I love baby showers! I have always been a "practical" baby shower gift giver. And after having my own, I really appreciate those people that give practical baby gifts. I was super impressed with myself this time. I got a diaper wreath as a gift at my shower and loved it, so I decided to make one as a gift. (it's on top of the pile of presents in the picture). Not the typical practical gift I usually give, but everyone can use diapers!
At the shower they had cards for people to write advice to the parents. This was hard, because I feel like I could write a book after the past 6 months. Here is some of my advice (that you don't find in baby books):
* kiss and hug your baby as much as you can - they really do grow fast (faster than you can imagine!)
* take tons of pictures - even the fussy faces. It is amazing to see the differences in Melia in just 6 months - they are memories you just can't get back
* You will not spoil your child by holding them - no body ever grows up and says "I was loved too much"
* You know what is best for your child - even people that have children older than yours can not tell you how to raise your child
* Being clean or protecting your child is not a bad thing - Yes, I am momzilla, but that is why my kid has yet to get a cold or sniffles (even after traveling all over the state and riding on airplanes)
* Did I mention Kiss and Hug your baby as much as you can???




