Not sure if this post is to vent, share information or get some advice.
First - why do babies insist on blowing out their diaper when they wear an outfit for the first time? Can I just make it through one new outfit without fighting poo stains?!?!
Speaking of poo stains - why does a liquid diet of milk make poo that stains????
Second - why do babies wait until the dirty diaper is off and their bum is all wiped down to poo again? Or why do they decide they need to poo some more after you have just changed them AND gotten them dressed again? Or why do they decide to blow out a diaper when you have already put them in the car seat and are on the way out the door (usually running late already!)????
Lots of people have told me that breastfed baby poo is really not bad. It is runny, but the smell is not horrible. I agree with that statement. If it wasn't for my dog (more on that later!) we could throw her diapers in an open pail and the smell would not drive you crazy. My dog apparently agrees as well with this statement. She thinks that Melia's poo smells so good, that she has (on more than one occasion!) gone into the trash and pulled the dirty diaper out to eat!
I have been warned that starting solids really changes a baby. We have been trying solids for about 2 weeks, and so far I haven't noticed much change. I think because more of the solids end up in her ear, hair and on the table than in her mouth.
So now I have completely grossed everyone out, that is my scoop on poop!




