Saturday, July 25, 2009

Carrots

Melia started baby food July 1st. We started with rice cereal and have been working our way through veggies. We finally started fruits (apples) this week.

Chris said feeding her rice cereal is like spackling a hole in the wall. Thick paste you try to jam in a little opening. She did ok with rice cereal, but it isn't a favorite.

Solids isn't nearly as fun as I thought it would be. I was used to feeding Lisa's kids jar food. By the time I started feeding them they had already been doing it at home for awhile and had the hang of it. It is much messier starting from the beginning! But we are both improving.

When I was a baby I hated carrots. My parents have a picture of me after I spit it all back out during a feeding. My daughter LOVES carrots. They are the first food she really kept coming after the spoon for more. They are also the first food she was able to finish the entire jar in one sitting.

I didn't think she was digesting any of the solids at first. It seemed like there was more on the table, bib, her head, etc... than going in her mouth. But the carrots definately went in the mouth - I found out when they came out the other end. For those that have read The Scoop On Poop there has been a change. Not drastic, but the color was interesting! I am told this is just the beginning!

For pictures of Melia's love of carrots and first attempts at baby food visit our Webbsyght and view some of the July pictures.