I am so excited about Christmas this year. It is one of my favorite times of the year and the girls are getting old enough to really start enjoying all the festivities.
One thing that has been important to me since before we even had kids, is that they really enjoy the season and not get wrapped up in the commercialism. I am trying really hard to maintain that and still create magical holiday memories for the girls.
This weekend we went and picked out our Christmas tree. I have been hanging breakable ornaments at the top and the sturdy ones near the bottom. I still put a baby gate around the tree to keep the girls from touching. Both of them have already reached over the gate to grab at all of the fun ornaments. The one souvenir that we buy on all of our vacations is ornaments. I love to pull them out each year and remember the amazing trips we have taken. I hope that this will be a fun tradition the girls enjoy as they get older.
Each night after putting the girls to bed I have done a little more decorating around the house. I have a TON of decorations and love to make every room in the house festive. (I have had to limit what decorations get put out while the girls are still in the "breakable" stage.) Each morning Melia has woken up and discovered something new to her. The Little People Santa Village, a snowman door hanger, a mini-tree decorated in her room, etc... I love to see the excitement in her eyes as she finds new holiday decorations.
This really is going to be a magical Christmas!





