I am playing blog catch up with this one. Between being busy at work, being sick, doctors appointments, dentist appointments and getting ready for a vacation, I am way behind on all the blogs I have been writing in my head. So where do I start...
- Makena was sent for routine 12 month bloodwork after her last check up. Her blood work came back that her iron level was low. We have added a supplement to her diet (but am focusing on higher iron foods) and will recheck at her next appointment to make sure there isn't a problem.
- Makena had a follow up appointment due to a tiny ear infection at her 12 month check up. When we went I told the ped that I may have whooping cough (even though at the time I hadn't had a throat culture and was on anti-biotics for a week). They acted like it was the plague and gracefully ushered me out the back door before sealing and sanitizing the room I was in. As a precaution, they put the girls on a baby Z-Pack anti-biotic. My test results still aren't back, but I am already feeling better. Looking back, it was pretty humerous the way it all played out.
- Makena is walking all over. Preferred method of transportation for her now!
- We enjoyed tons of fall festivities. Pint Size Pumpkin Patch at Largo Rec Center, Trunk or Treat at Skyview Church, Pumpkin Patch with The Hunters and of course Halloween! Photos of all the events are on my Facebook page.
- The girls were bumble bees for Halloween. Super cute! We went trick or treating with The Hunters. Melia really got into trick or treating this year. She was running from house to house. She even took Makena's pumpkin bucket up to each door and told everyone that she needed to get a 2nd piece of candy to put in her sisters bucket. Adorable! My favorite line of the night was either "where's the guy with the candy?" or "Give Me Candy, Smell My Feet"! I think she got that one a little confused!
- I am slowly moving Makena out of 12 month clothes and into 18 month clothes. Really wish there was a 15 month size in the States. 12 months is too small and 18 is too big. I do love Old Navy's 12-18 month range of clothes to fill in the gap!
- I am moving Melia out of 24 months into 2T. Really, she is so tiny, I could move her back to 18 month clothes with most outfits and she and Makena could share! She is a little tall for the 18 month clothes, but at least the fit her little bottom! :)
- I avoided it as long as possible. Melia LOVE princesses! I am sure there will be some Disney Princess stuff on her Christmas wish list. I already bought the girls halloween costumes for next year (got them 50% off the day after Halloween!) and they will be princesses!
Whew! That's a lot in one blog. Tomorrow we leave on a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise. Can't wait to blog about that!
Saturday, November 5, 2011
So many blogs in my head!
Labels:
Clothes,
Fun Stuff,
Holidays,
Medical Updates,
Pediatrician,
Sisters,
Stuff My Kids Say




