Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Meet Sal!

The Elf on the Shelf is the newest tradition in the Webb house.  Our elf showed up a few days after Thanksgiving.  As instructed, Melia promptly named her Sal.  Not sure how she came up with that one, but Sal it is.  Having 2 girls, we opted for a girl elf (she has a skirt).  I think the actual Elf on the Shelf isn't really cute, so we also opted for the plush version.  We follow the same no touching rules with our plush elf.

Melia says good night every evening to Sal and reminds her to tell Santa that she was a good girl that day.  Each morning she tries to find Sal's new location.  So far Sal has not gotten into any mischief.  I have all kinds of ideas for when the girls get a little older.  At this age, just finding the elf in a new location is fun for Melia. 

Our elf has done some nice things.  She decorated the tree in Melia's room and brought Melia a letter from Santa.  Tomorrow morning Melia will find her on top of our Advent countdown books!  I have wrapped up 24 books to countdown until Christmas (yes I know Advent started Sunday - I am a little behind).  Each night we will unwrap a book to read before bed.  Half of them are Christmas books, the other half are just regular story books.  All books we already own.  I hope over the years our collection of Christmas books grows so that eventually it will be a Christmas book the girls unwrap each night.  Also looking for a good Hanakkah book for the girls. I think it is important that they learn about other religions and cultures.

More Sal the Elf adventures coming soon!